As we reach the end of another amazing DIII season, we here at the Blog would like to commend you all for making DIII Tennis the great sport that it is today. Without your play, readership, coaching, enthusiasm, and all those other factors, we honestly would have nothing to write about. And I’d have nothing to do on weekends. All jokes aside, the Blog team hopes you feel that this sport continues to grow and most importantly, DIII in particular continues to grow and become more and more important. That is, after all, the goal of this site. It has been another milestone year for us – we just reached 2.5MM views since the end of 2012 on this site, and this will mark the most viewed year of the Blog in it’s history. To recap the year, we added two new “sections” in D3RegionalNEC and D3RegionalAS, debuted the successful idea of the Recruiting Hub, introduced a new weekly article in “This Week in Highlights,” introduced the News Ticker to the top of the site, completed our first two “Live Blogs,” and of course, debuted the Van Zee Vault, which features Adam Van Zee’s unique take on schools/coaching/DIIITennis as well as provides you with interviews with some of the best coaches in DIII today.
The point of this post is to continue to improve this site and reach new heights – and that is driven from you, the readers. Yes, we will be back next year (hooray). If you all could provide some feedback for us in any of the bulletpoints below, that would be great and potentially something we look into next year! We will take all feedback, we’re not afraid to stick our necks out! Don’t be afraid to write a comment, good or bad. It’s great to hear you all.
Feel free to also email me at email@example.com if you have suggestions you’d like to keep private. Thanks to all of you for a great year, and we still have 3 great days to go!
1) Constructive Feedback for the blog – anything from writing styles, types of articles, etc
2) Suggestion Articles – anything that you would have loved to see that we can explore for next year?
3) Praise! – What did we do well this year?
4) Twitter Presence – any feedback regarding our twitters. Too many tweets, too much commentary, etc, etc? Anything else you’d like to see?
5) The Site – we’re not site masters, so let us know if you think you can improve the site!
6) The Recruiting Hub! – With this being a new project, we’d love to hear your feedback on this and we can work to make it even better than it is now.
7) Van Zee Vault/Podcasts – Another new project, this has been an undertaking for us that I believe to be successful. Thanks to Adam for some amazing articles and podcasts this year, and here’s to many more.
8) Misc. – Anything that came to you during the year and you wanted to let us know but were scared to.
9) General Ideas/Thoughts – with a face to one of our names, what are some cool things you think we can do for next year? Anything to get you all more interacted with the blog?
10) Women’s Writing – This is something that I would like to get into and give some more explanation on our thoughts. All of us here at the Blog are a huge proponent of DIII Women’s Tennis. Being able to watch the Women’s Finals these past few days has been really fun for us to follow, despite our general lack of knowledge about the players. The honesty is this – the writers at the Blog come from Men’s teams, whether they be coaching, players, parents, or fans. Their passion is in DIII Men’s Tennis, and this is our hobby. It would be unfair to them and unfair to me to ask them or myself to write about something that they are not as knowledgeable about as well as not as enthusiastic about.
I have received interest in the past about writing for the Women’s side of the Blog. That is absolutely true. However, the fact of the matter is that with my actual life/job + running the Men’s part of this site, I simply do not have the time nor the enthusiasm that is necessary to provide you all with a product that is deserving of DIII Women’s Tennis. What I need is this – if you are interested in running the Women’s portion of the site, please let me know. What that side needs is someone who can match my enthusiasm for Men’s Tennis. I will absolutely be of as much help as I can to help you organize, find writers, and build a following from scratch. We can work together. I just cannot run that side. If you are willing to try this out, please let me know. I hope you all understand.
11) NEW WRITERS – As you all know, we are always looking for new writers. We may or may not have a couple of new openings – if you have any interest in writing whatsoever, please reach out to me via my email, firstname.lastname@example.org. I will determine if you are a great fit for our team as well as what your role will be. We have been very flexible in the past, and we love anyone that has enthusiasm for DIII Tennis.
I’d like to end this post by again thanking you all for a great season. We are not done yet, as we will have individuals coverage as well as giving out some End of Season Awards as we do every year. Also, the Recruiting Hub will continue to live and be updated throughout the summer to include as many teams as possible. Thank you again, and for the almost final time of the 2016-2017 season…. ASouth, OUT.